Do you lack of ideas for a healthy, nutritious and tasty meal?
Today we want to continue offering you the recipes that work and nourish us at 3vedicas. We love to share them with you!
The hamburgers can not only be done with minced meat, today we present a variety made with oats, a very simple recipe to incorporate into your routine and create.
For about 6 medium sized burgers
- 2 cups of oat flakes
- 1 clove of garlic (optional, rajasic element goes well for Vata and Kapha, can increase Pitta)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 egg (optional, can be replaced by water)
- 1 tbsp. of grated Parmesan cheese (can be replaced with crushed seeds)
- 2 tbsp. of breadcrumbs (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Steps to follow:
- Place the oat flakes in a bowl together with the finely chopped onion and garlic, turmeric, salt, pepper and cheese or seeds and mix well.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the egg to the oat until it is completely moistened.
- Cover the mixture with a film or cloth and referigerate for at least half an hour.
- Take out the mixture and form the oat burgers: first form a ball and flatten it well with your hand until it is in the shape of a hamburger.
- Roll each oatmeal burger in breadcrumbs: this is a quick pass.
- Cook the oat hamburgers in a frying pan with very little olive oil over medium heat. Turn them over until they are golden brown on both sides.
Share your recipe with us!