In Ayurveda there are several therapies to be able to help in mental or neuronal diseases, in which they are found: Sirodhara, Siroabhyanga, Sirobasti and Siro Pichu. The last one, although not as potent as the others mentioned, forms a very important part of this wonderful medicine.
Siro Pichu has the advantage that you it can be applied by oneself, and although it is true that it is not as powerful as Sirodhara Therapy, it is a good ally of the therapist to reinforce the patient’s treatment at home.
The indications of this treatment are:
- Hair loss.
- Dry scalp, dandruff.
- Psychological problems.
- Calm the mind and provide a good rest.
- Facial paralysis.
- Improve memory.
In this treatment different substances can be applied, in which oils medicated with plants are found. The therapist will be in charge of knowing which one is the best for you, depending on the pathology of the consultant.
Another important thing to keep in mind is the time of day when it is more advisable to do the treatment, in the case of Siro pichu is the morning and afternoon / evening.
How to do the treatment:
- We heat oil in a bain-marie at a temperature of 36- 37 degrees (a little highger than body temperature).
- We impregnate a cotton wool with the product and we put it in the area of the head called anterior fontanel.
- We will have another cotton wool prepared to exchange them, with the intention of always keeping the area at the same temperature.
- The goal of this treatment is that the oil penetrates well into the scalp to obtain the desired result.
- The process should last between 15 and 30 minutes.
As you can see it is very simple to do and very beneficial for all the pathologies that have to do with the supraclavicular area.